07 Mar What is it like to live your life truthfully with purpose and how do you do it?
How many of you truly feel you are living your purpose in this world? How many of you don’t? How many would love to know they have a purpose and path, follow it and succeed? You can, you just have to know how.
But what happens if you don’t know what you don’t know? Well, you look, see, tell the truth and find those who do know. Seek out others that are living a life they love, living their truth. Ask them how, listen, take notes, and learn. I don’t mean compare and despair, I mean truly absorb what works, apply what resonates and let go of what doesn’t.
Here’s how the Universe works, whatever you focus on and speak will come to you. Sounds simple, right? It is once you know the rules. The rules work like this:
- Only speak good, kind, compassionate words to yourself and about others.
- Do not gossip or speak self-deprecating words to yourself or about anyone. If you need to, create a contract with yourself on paper and sign it for two weeks and see what happens.
- Anytime you begin to play out a negative scenario in your mind, take an imaginary pair of scissors, cut the cord to that thought or vision and immediately replace it with something positive and kind.
- GRATITUDE is the ATTITUDE. If you hear yourself complaining or whining (yes adults whine plenty), STOP, BREATHE, and speak gratitude. It may be as simple as “I have fresh water to drink”, “I got to my job on time today”, “I can walk outside and feel sunshine on my face.” Celebrate that you’re alive and healthy. If you’re not healthy, only picture yourself healed even without the evidence and tell the 72 trillion cells in your body, “Thank you for taking care of me.”
- If you need to cry, let it out, it’s simply a release of energy and you don’t want to hold that in your body where it can create disease “dis-ease, you are not at ease”. If it’s a challenge to do so, listen to a moving song, watch a movie that moves you, call someone you love and tell them how grateful you are until you can allow that release to come.
These are just a few simple steps to changing your world and IT WILL change your world. You are not your mind. You have a brain, which is an organ in your body just like your heart, but the thoughts that float through it are not always the truth. The truth comes from a higher place, it’s simple, clean and lands within you. If it’s complicated, uncomfortable, hurtful, then that’s your Monkey Mind talking to you. What is Monkey Mind you ask? Well, that is our lovely mind chattering away swinging from doubt to worry and back to doubt again. When you catch this
lovely little monkey, or as in “The Pink Panther” movies Peter Sellers would say “minkey”, just tell him/her “Thank you for sharing, but we’re safe, all is well.”
When you choose to live your life in this manner, you will begin to see shifts and changes different to what you may be used to. Instead of “things never work out for me”, perhaps you will begin to notice differently, “Hey, that did work out”.
Where does it begin?
It begins with one small, sweet step toward a goal. Something attainable, nothing overwhelming or large. It also has to be something you will do (action), not something you are going to stop doing. Ask for support in this goal from someone who has your best interest at heart. The goal may look like; reply to an email you’ve been putting off, incorporating a 15” walk, calling a family member to tell them how much they mean to you, something attainable, and make sure you put a “by when?” This is very important as it’s the beginning of living in a very different way.
I support people to grow and see their true magnificence so that they will transform their world and the world around them. If this speaks to you and you would love to learn more, book a call with me and let’s chat. This is part of coaching and IT WILL work if you embrace the work.
P.S. It’s pretty cool and exciting to see the transformation in yourself and around you.